About Facebook Marketplace
Marketplace is an in-built ecommerce platform on Facebook that allows people to buy and sell locally. Facebook marketplace is a feature integrated with your Facebook account so you don’t have to download separately to use.
This in-built ecommerce platform allows people to list items of various categories to sell, discover items in the marketplace and make purchases of items of interest conveniently from your Facebook app or web.
The marketplace like any other online marketplace helps buyers and sellers interact, negotiate and if necessary arrange and meet up for delivery.
Please take caution that transactions made in the marketplace are solely between the buyer and the seller and that due diligence has to be taken. You are solely responsible for every transaction you engage in.
You wouldn’t want to come crying if you are duped of your hard earned money. Like any other marketplace there are bad people who pretend selling goods at prices too good to be true. You wouldn’t want to be greedy enough to fall a victim right?
Facebook is the most widely used social media platform with 2.9 billion active users monthly. Thousands of businesses use Facebook to market their brand. It’s a good opportunity to get there too.
How to sell or Create listing on Facebook Marketplace
You will need to have a Facebook account to be able to sell or create listing for free. Here are the steps to follow to start selling on Facebook Marketplace:
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the three lines in the bottom right corner to access the Facebook menu.
- Scroll down and select “Marketplace.”
- Tap on the “Sell” button in the bottom center of the screen.
- Choose the category for your item and enter a title and description for your listing.
- Add photos of the item you’re selling and enter the price and location.
- Review your listing and tap “Post” to publish it to Facebook Marketplace.
Keep reading 6 business Ideas to start up with zero Capital
Do I Pay to Sell on Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace is absolutely free to use. Don’t worry about getting capital to start selling your products. The platform is created to help business minded people like yourself to make more sales and grow your business.
Real Time Communication with Buyers
Facebook Marketplace with the help of Messenger enables buyers and sellers to communicate in real time before transacting. Negotiations, delivery pickups, and more information can be discussed with the seller/buyer before transactions are made. This is the opportunity to convince the buyer to buy from you. Give him/her a reason to buy from you and if possible you may want to offer discount on his/her first purchase. This will help put a smile on his/her face and may likely come again if not buy more.
What Sells Fast of Facebook Marketplace?
You may want to do your own little research before setting up your ecommerce business on the marketplace. Your findings may be specific to your country or area so i advice you do research so you are sure of what to sell on the marketplace. There are some items that naturally sell fast like shoes, clothes, phones, jewelries, phone accessories, laptops, furniture, kitchen appliances, other electronics etc. There are several items you can sell on Facebook marketplace.
Tips for selling fast on Facebook Marketplace
Here are a few tips to help you sell faster
- Take original pictures – people would want to see what they are selling. if the item is preowned, you wouldn’t want to download an internet picture deceiving the buyer. if he/she doesn’t see the item as on your listing its a turn off for your brand or business.
- Give precise description of the product – though you might want to convince your buyer, make sure the product description reflects the true state of the product. if he/she really wants to buy the item, an honest description wouldn’t drive him away.
- State the right price – don’t state 10 dollars when you know its 20 dollars thinking you would get people to enquire about your product when they see it cheap. Your prices shouldn’t also be too high as it will scare potential buyers away.
- Be Professional when your buyers chat with you. Some people easily turn off if you don’t communicate well with them.
Is it Safe to Sell on Facebook Marketplace?
Like every other marketplace there are scammers who are waiting to pounce on their victim. Here are a few tips to note when trading on Facebook marketplace.
- Never send money to the seller in advance neither should the seller also send the product to the buyer in advance. Even Santa wouldn’t do that.
- Never give your pin or personal information to the seller/buyer.
- Don’t fall for information too good to be true. Eg. You know a brand new iPhone 13 Pro Max 512GB cost 1000 dollars, you are happy someone is selling it to you at 400 dollars, good luck!
- Meet the buyer/seller in an open place. if possible you can go with someone for security reasons.
- Inspect the items very well to make sure its exactly what you want and that it has no defects
- You may want to read about the person’s profile or reviews before transacting with him/her
How to renew an item on Facebook Marketplace
You may want to renew your listing or item if it hasn’t been sold after sometime. To do that kindly follow the steps below:
- Go to Facebook Marketplace: Open the Facebook app on your smartphone or tablet and tap on the Marketplace icon (it’s usually located in the bottom navigation bar).
- Find/locate the item you want to renew
- Tap on the item – Once you’ve found the item, tap on it to open the listing.
- Tap the “Renew” button – At the bottom of the listing, you should see a “Renew” button. Tap on it to renew the item.
- Confirm the renewal: Once you tap the “Renew” button, a pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm the renewal. Tap on “Renew” to confirm the action.
Facebook Marketplace is your alternative ecommerce platform and you are sure to make some extra cash listing your products for sale. If you don’t have the capital to set up an ecommerce website, Facebook Marketplace is free to get started. If you have an ecommerce website, Facebook Marketplace is still a great option to meet potential buyers at no extra cost.
I appreciate you reading this article. Give your comments down and let me have your thoughts. Stay tuned to onemediagh.com for more tips and guides.